In 1748 Rabštejn won the Lažanský family, which also owned the nearby Manětín estate. Then Lažanští began to adapt Rabštejn to his painting and, among others, from 1766 to 1767, left the church of Our Lady of the Sedembolestné on the south side of the chateau complex. Precise records have not been preserved, but it is probably the work of architect Anselmo Lurago. After the abolition of the adjoining servitude monastery, in 1767, the Church of the Virgin Mary became the Sedmibolestné parish church. He replaced the Church of Sts. Matthew, who stood closer to the castle and later, was demolished in 1787.